1908 Texas City Refining Company
- 1909 bought by Waters-Pierce Oil Co.
- 1909 bought by S.W. Fordyce
- 1910 Fordyce & H. Clay Pierce formed Pierce Fordyce Oil Ass'n , named the plant Pierce-Fordyce Oil Co.
- 1917 renamed Pierce Oil Corp.
- 1924 renamed Pierce Petroleum Corp.
- 1929 Pierce Petroleum Refinery shut down
- 1930 refinery bought by Sinclair Consolidated Oil Corp. (but not put into production)
- 1936 refinery bought by Southport Petroleum (in production again)
- 1941 renamed American-Liberty Oil Co.
- 1942 Defense Plant Corp. (DPC) units built
- 1944 refinery in production - -operated by Southport (American Liberty Oil Co.)
- 1947 part of the land and facilities bought by Sid Richardson
- 1947 remainder (the "Avgas" facilities) bought by Petrol Refining Inc
- 1949 refinery shut down
- 1951 renamed Texas City Refining Inc
- 1960 bought Sid Richardson refinery and terminal property
- 1964 one of Texas City Refining Inc. owners, the Grange League Federation, merged with Eastern States Farmers Exchange Inc. to become Agway
- 1965 Agway merged with another of Texas City Refining Inc. owners, the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau, leaving Agway and the Southern States Cooperative (SSC) as owners
- 1988 Phibro Refining-Texas City Inc. bought refinery and terminal assets from Agway and the SSC
- 1992 renamed Phibro Energy USA, Inc.
- 1996 renamed Basis Petroleum, Inc.
- 1997 bought by Valero Energy Corporation
- 1930 Terminal Oil and Refining Co. shut down
- 1930 refinery bought by Atlantic Pipe Line Co.
- 1930 refinery bought by Stone brothers of Houston, became Stone Oil Company
- 1948 bought by Pan American Refining Co
1923 Knox Process Corp.
1931 Republic Oil Refining Co.
- 1944 DPC units built and operating
- 1957 bought by Plymouth Oil Co
- 1962 bought by Marathon Oil Co
- 1982 Marathon Oil bought by US Steel
- 1991 US Steel renamed USX Corp
- 2001 USX restructuring, creating USX-Marathon Group and USX-US Steel Group
1933 Pan American Refining Corp.
- 1954 renamed American Oil Co.
- 1985 Standard Oil of Indiana renamed Amoco Corp.
- 1998 Amoco Corp. merges with BP, becomes BP Amoco plc (public limited company).
- 2001 BP Amoco plc renamed BP plc.
1934 Seaboard Oil Co.
1938 refinery shut down
- 1939 (?) plant closed.
1941 Carbide & Carbon Chemicals Corp.'s (subsidiary of Union Carbide & Carbon Corp.) Texas City plant operating
- 1957 Union Carbide & Carbon Corp. renamed Union Carbide Corp.
- 2001 Union Carbide Corp. bought by Dow Chemical Co.
1942 Monsanto Chemical Co.'s Texas City plant operating
- 1964 Monsanto Chemical Co. renamed Monsanto Co.
- 1986 Monsanto's Texas City plant bought by Sterling Group Inc., Sterling Group Inc. creates Sterling Chemicals Inc. to operate the plant
- 2001 Sterling Chemicals Inc. files for bankruptcy.
- 2002 Resurgence Asset Management, LLC $60 million equity investment in Sterling Chemicals Inc for holdings of 87%. ,
- 1956 Texas City Chemicals Inc files for bankruptcy
- 1957 bought by Smith-Douglas Co.
- 1964 Smith-Douglas merges with Borden, Inc. ,
- 1977 facilities sold to American Oil Company
- 1985 American Oil Company (Standard Oil of Indiana) renamed Amoco Corp
- 1998 Amoco Corp. merges with BP, becomes BP Amoco plc (public limited company)
- 1998 BP Amoco Chemical Co. operating plant
1968 General Aniline & Film Corp.'s plant operating
1965 International Minerals & Chemical Corp.